Saturday, October 02, 2010

Great South Bay 5K

Today, I ran a 5K.  But really, that is not at all the story for today.

Today, while I was running the 5K, my beautiful wife and darling daughter both walked the same 5K as well.  For each of them, it was the first "event" they have walked in, and I have to say, I am so very proud of them.  They set a goal, when they agreed to do it, of completing the 5K in one hour or less.

The weather was absolutely spectacular, with not a cloud in the sky and a crisp 52 degrees.  The race went off at exactly 8:30AM and I said good-bye to them and headed out running.  My run was not bad, with a great first two miles and a struggle at the end, but I'm happy with my time, overall.

Once I got in, I rushed to the car to get the camera and get ready to catch their finish.  They called me with 0.5 miles left and I knew they were setting a great pace.

Well, they both met their goal IN SPADES!.  Faith trotted across the finish line in 52:43 and Christine came in just behind her in 53:20.

I just want to shout, as loud as I can,

I AM PROUD OF MY WIFE AND DAUGHTER!

1 comment:

~Beck~ said...

AWESOME!! Kudos to you and your family, for doing something healthy and good for you, together!!! This is very aweinspiring! Keep up the good work!